Sales & Marketing Mentorship
Alan/Anthony makes the 25+ years of experience of each its principals available to clients who need to bring new hires and key employees up to speed on customer creation in B2B technology markets. In a typical engagement, an AAI principal works in a structured one-to-one relationship with:
- Marketing executives in technology-driven companies, who need the skills to interact with engineers and project managers while translating key messages into terms that C-level buyers can understand.
- Individual salespeople operating without professional sales leadership in small companies or divisions of large, technology-based companies
- US-based sales executives for non-US companies who need a grounding in US business practices, cultural issues and maintaining their effectiveness while operating far from headquarters.
Deliverables. For each mentoring engagement, Alan/Anthony provides:
- A set of achievable goals developed in consultation with management and the relevant employee
- A documented scope of activity including periodic meetings and telephone consultation with the employee(s), with confidential progress reporting to management
- One-on-one advice and counsel focused on long-term professional development as well as the solution to short-term challenges in business development
The duration of a mentoring engagement is determined by the client and typically runs between 6 and 18 months.
Example. The client was a family-owned business offering monitor and control software for the management of broadcast centers and teleports. Nearing retirement age, the founder planned to put the company up for sale and wanted to boost its value as much as possible. One barrier to increasing value was a lack of revenue growth. A single salesperson reported to the founder, who was an engineer with little understanding of sales techniques or incentives. Lacking a clear sales plan or knowledgeable supervision, his effectiveness was low. An Alan/Anthony principal began a mentorship program through both onsite meetings and weekly telephone conferences. Within 45 days, we organized his prospecting and qualification effort and focused him on the best opportunities. As deals approached closing, we advised him on each negotiation in order to strike the best balance of price and cost of sale. When the company was sold a year later, the 150% sales growth from the prior year justified the founder's target price.
Next Step. To discuss your mentorship requirements, contact Louis Zacharilla at 212-825-1582 x102 or email@example.com.
Back to Services